Friday, June 14, 2013

This One is for the Kids.

There is a possibility we’ll have 20+ kids at the wedding. It’s apparently one of the side effects from getting married in your 30’s. All your friends either have babies or kids under 10. I remember what it was like to go to a wedding when I was much younger…..boring! I hope the kids at our wedding don’t get bored after the little something I came up with for them.
I ordered these cute wedding activity books and crayons online. They came in a little plastic bag like you would find in a store. I changed them a little bit and gave them a cute rustic feel.

I took them out of the plastic, wrapped the activity book in the brown kraft paper we’re using for everything (so it seems). I stuck the paper together with a glue dot, that’s a genius invention by the way!!! I tied the crayons with twine.
DSCN3914
I had some lace I had picked up a few years ago, long before I thought I would every get married again, let alone plan a wedding. Smile
DSCN3912
I tied it lace once around the book, place a set of crayons on top of the lace and then knotted the crayons with the remaining lace.
DSCN3915
I’m thinking of adding a candy necklace, or maybe a safety sucker, but I can’t decide it candy would be a good thing for kids to have while sitting through a wedding.
DSCN3917
I really really really hope the kids enjoy them.
~Jess

1 comment:

  1. That is a fantastic idea! Keeps the kids occupied when the parents want to have a bit of fun.

    ReplyDelete