Thursday, June 6, 2013

Happy Tears.

I kicked around the idea of putting tissues or a vintage handkerchief in the Burlap Chair Pockets, but not everyone cries at weddings. As badly as burlap sheds I didn’t want to pull the pockets out again and  mess with them anymore than necessary.

I found the below chest/box at Hobby Lobby and had original thought of using it for our Guest Box but it ended up being too big.
DSCN3909
It’s a deeper chest than I wanted so I just added pillow stuffing to the bottom of it.
DSCN3903
I then cut a piece of burlap to fit over and around  the stuffing and tucked it all in under the burlap. (I forgot to take a picture of this step!)

Remember the post I had on how to print on burlap? I did it again for the sign below.

After I printed, I cut and glued it to a piece of cardboard and added the lace flower, then glued it onto a craft stick. I stuck it in the corner of the box behind all the stuffing. It’s not heavy so I didn’t have to permanently secure it to the box.
DSCN3905
Look at some of the pretty vintage handkerchiefs I bought online. I kind of don’t  want to part with any of them!!!!
DSCN3908
Next step was to arrange all the pretty vintage handkerchiefs I bought online and voila. Our Happy Tears box of handkerchiefs is ready to sit next to the Guest Box for all those that want to take one for the ceremony. Smile
DSCN3906
One of the easiest and quickest things I’ve put together for the wedding so far.
~Jess




No comments:

Post a Comment