Friday, August 9, 2013

Echo Hollow Farm (Our Venue)

We’re getting married nearby at a gorgeous outdoor location called Echo Hollow Farm. Minus 6 years, I’ve lived here my entire life and never once had I heard of Echo Hollow anything! We happened upon the place while we were out scouting for a wedding venue. It was kismet.  We knew once we booked the place we’d have to make signs for all the out of town guest and even for those that are from the town to make getting to Echo a little easier. Here’s the entry to Echo Hollow Farm.
DSCN3672
Sweet right? But easily missed! We’re going to hang this from a Shepard’s hook right below the Echo Hollow Farm sign.
DSCN3841
Once you turn into Echo you drive until you come upon this split.
DSCN3674
Honestly, I could get married right here in the driveway and it would be gorgeous. I love this place.  Our ceremony is on one side of the property and the parking and reception is on the opposite side. So we needed more signs. 
wedding signs
I took a 1/2’’ x 2 x 5 (if I remember correctly) measured and drew out the arrow and cut the boards. I stained them Walnut. Then I opened up a word document, found the font I liked (which is oddly the font I’m using for this blog, it’s Pristina, I typed the word I wanted to paint, blew it up to 300%, printed it out on cardstock  and cut it out to use as a stencil. I used a paint pen to trace the letters/words onto the wood and then took a small paint brush, some white craft paint and spent a few hours filling in the words.

My favorite one is the I Do’s.  Do a quick google image search for clipart wedding rings, pick the one you like, save the picture, blow it up, cut it out like a stencil and trace and paint just like the letters.

We’ll hang these off of a Shepard hook at the split.  We drilled holes into the back and strung some jute string so we can hang them.
DSCN3990
We also made 2 more directional signs for the restrooms the same way I made the ones above.
DSCN3991

Before I leave I just have to share with you the Bridal Room where my maids and I will finish getting ready. I want a picture of my dress hanging from the eves above the steps. Eeekkkk I’m so excited!!!
DSCN3680
I want to pick it up and bring it to my house and live in it forever!!!!!!

~Jess~Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment