Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Cake Stand/Box.

Remember where I found the hat box turned favor box? I also found a cheese box at the same place. It was still in good condition but needed a wedding makeover.I forgot to take a picture of my cheese box before the makeover so the picture below is from an internet search. My box was dirty and had some ugly cloth on the top of it.


After I washed the entire box, I soaked a few tea bags in some hot water and then washed the cheese box in the tea to help restore some of the color in the wood.  Nathan and I took the lid apart, removed the ugly material and then added burlap and lace. I used a staple gun to staple the burlap and lace to the sides of the lid and had Nathan place the outer ring back onto the lid.

Here’s what our gorgeous cake box looks like now.
cake stand
Now picture a 4 tier wedding cake sitting on top. Gorgeous!!!

~Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment