Thursday, May 9, 2013

Our Guest Book

I found this ugly guest book at a local store for $9. The only thing I liked about it was the box it’s self and the color of the wood. Oh, and the rope handle, I like that too!

ugly box

We needed a guest book box. We want to have little wooden hearts that each guest signs and then puts in the box. This was almost perfect for what I had in mind for our guest box. And look it already had burlap on it!

I pulled everything off the front of it. Turns out all the metal pieces were simply hot glued on, which made for easy pop off, but left a hunk of cold dried never to be removed glue in it’s place. I had to cut a piece of burlap and cover the existing glue covered burlap.

Here’s the finally product. I love love love how it turned out!

our guest box

I used some linen to make the banner. The measurements for the triangles are 2cm by 2cm. The sticks I used were bamboo skewers that you’d use on the grill. The small flowers I picked up at hobby lobby for $2 in the scrapbooking aisle. I thought they added a sweeter touch than just the banner. I stamped on the letters with brown ink and hot glued everything down.

heartts

I purchased the hearts from SupplyandDesign at Etsy.com. Here’s the link to her store.  http://www.etsy.com/shop/SupplyandDesign?ref=seller_info

Now all we need to do is find the right type of pen or sharpie that will work best.

~Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment