Wednesday, May 8, 2013

For my Ring.

This isn’t something that I made for the wedding, but I did make it for my engagement rings. Smile My engagement ring is really three rings (1 for each of our kids). I wanted a special place for my rings for the times that I have to have them off. Instead of putting them in my jewelry box or a soap dish beside the sink where bad things could happen I made the below.
DSCN3668
You’ll need a 4 x 6 flat picture frame, glass pearl beads, a piece of burlap and a hot glue gun and white paint or Gesso.
DSCN3661
If you’re able to find a white frame then skip the next step. If you could only find a black frame like me, then give the frame a rough coat of white paint or Gesso. If you’re going to use wooden beads or a dark color bead then you should keep your frame black or dark. The idea is to make the frame it’s self disappear.
DSCN3662
Start on the inside of your frame, alternating different size and color beads.
DSCN3663
Then pick a side and start covering. I like the look of some of the beads coming ‘off’ the side of the frame but feel free to keep it all nice and in line for those that prefer that look.
DSCN3664
Here it is all finished but without the burlap.
DSCN3665
I cut a piece of burlap to cover the inside cardboard that comes with the frame and placed it inside just like you would a picture.
DSCN3666
To make the post that the rings are hanging on I simple used a pearl tipped straight pin and hot glued 3 small pearl beads around the straight pin.
DSCN3668
Now I have a beautiful safe place for my beautiful engagement rings for when I do dishes, cook or get into something my rings shouldn’t be around.
~Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment